With this article we will dive deeply into how to prepare for a move. The first thing to do is purge anything that you do not want to take with you. Then what is leftover should be carefully packed in boxes. Ensure you have the right size boxes that are sturdy and well-sealed. Labeling them can help you and us when it comes to unloading and unpacking. Make sure to label the sides so that you can see it when the boxes are stacked
Before the Movers Arrive
Move in rain or shine, daylight or darkness, so it would be advisable to prepare for them. If you do not want mud tracked in your home, you could lay down blankets, painters’ plastic or paper, or some tarps. Make sure rooms are well-lit, so we know where we are moving items. It also helps to have all furniture disassembled before we arrive. You must also have all appliance disconnected before we can move them.
Knowing Where to Park
Premier Movers will have a decent-size box truck for all your things. If you have a place for us to park in mind, that will help us tremendously. Of course, we hate to block traffic, but it should be close enough that we are not carrying boxes down the street.
- A variety of tape, including duct tape, strapping tape, masking tape, painter’s tape
- Blankets for wrapping mirrors, delicate furniture, etc. protect furniture
- Box cutters, scissors
- Bungee cord, rope, twine, tie-downs, and string
- Packing paper-like bubble wrap and newsprint
- Pens, permanent markers
- Plastic bins, which could be reused for storage as well
- Rags, sponges, broom and dustpan, sponges, spray cleaners, etc. for cleaning after we move all furniture and boxes.
- Small, Medium and Large Boxes for all your belongings